Labels

Black (7) Blues (5) Composer (2) Country (1) Death (4) Doom (25) Drone (10) Folk (11) Impro (8) Industrial (3) Jazz (5) Klezmer (1) Live (1) Metal (20) Noise (18) Pop (2) Psychedelic (15) Punk (7) Rock (21) Sludge (8) Stoner (3) Surf (1) Trip Hop (1) Tzadik (2)

Saturday, December 22, 2007

earthlings? - earthlings?

When I found this album, I felt like the luckiest man on Earth. And not only on Earth. In the whole Universe! And more!! Yeah!! Space is no limit!
Actually, I fell in love with this space/desert rock supergroup without hearing a single track. The list of contributors was enough for me, especially back in that time (a year ago I was gay for the Palm Desert Scene. I still am, actually). This s/t album by the earthlings? is great!! Very psychedelic, lots of interesting beeps and spacey sound layers over the tiight, hypnotic drumming... Yeah. Okay, I admit, sometimes they go too far: I mean, every single track has those wooowooooo spaceship!! sound effects BUT WHATEVER!! I love wooowooo spaceship!! sound effects.
I hope there's intelligent life out there. And I hope it's portayed well by the earthlings?.
<<< link >>>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. This band wins.

evil scientist said...

Glad you like them. I'll up the second album sometime.

Anonymous said...

The Link is down :(